I got to chatting with a fellow wallflower at a social the other day and, long story short, I’m in a book club! We’re reading The Boys In The Boat by Daniel James Brown.
Although I’ve just started reading the book, I’m already excited for a couple of reasons:
- We are reading a book that became a documentary;
- Produced by PBS;
- This is not a book I would have picked up on my own, so already I’m stepping outside my comfort zone, woo woo;
- Dispite an initial freakout about how I was going to actually obtain this book, I quickly found it through my library as a digital download, available immediately! and for FREE;
- This book club is held at a library;
- I need to talk to people.
With my dear husband off helping with the aftermath of all these recent storms, I’m sorely missing face time with actual human beings outside of work. I need to read more books, I need to meet more people, and generally these two statements don’t mesh. But hey – book club! That’s the whole point of them. Lets go make some friends!
(And seriously folks, support your local libraries.)